Stormers side I would pick against the Sharks
February 27, 2013 in Uncategorized
The Sharks are in great form and it will take a miracle for the Stormers to win in Durban.
This is the team I would go with.
15. Joe – He is in good form since the start of the season (pre) and has a accurate boot. With Taut out with a haematoma on his testicles (OUCH!!!) it is a no brainer.
14. Aplon – Not in the best of form but also not doing anything bad. He needs to step up his work rate.
13. JdJ – Not sure if he is fit but if he is I would start him. We need his game braking abilities.
12. JdV – After a slap fest with Hougaard (and some bad acting by Hougaard) he needs to focus and get his team going in the right direction.
11. Habana – Did not have much to do in Ptown but will need to be at his best if the Stormers are to stand a chance.
10. Jantjies – I will be very tempted to go with Grant and blood Jantjies from the bench but with Joe taking the kicking duties this might be a chance for him to regain confidence. We always have Grant on the bench to save us in the last seconds?
9. Groom – I will stick with him. He was not as useless as the rest.
8. Vermeulen – One of the players who actually had an OK game against the Bulls stole a few balls and carried OK esp considering the pressure the forwards was under.
7. Kolisi – Had an quiet game but will be expecting some brutal hits from him come Saturday.
6. Deon – With Burger still out I would play him on the flank as a specialist opensider. This is what he does best.
5. Bekker – Started playing better but still have to up the grunt. I do believe the Stormers line-out woes are Deon’s fault.
4. Elstadt – I believe he will bring more power to the Stormers pack come scrum time. More than Steenkamp at least.
3. Cilliers – had a bad game against the Bulls and will have to up the ante against a monster Sharks scrum. He was let down by his locks and hooker.
2. Bezuidenhoudt – I would not say he is the best hooker come scrumtime but he should be better than Deon.
1. Kitshoff – I am a bit worried for the young man against Dr Jannie. But he will have to do the job.
22 D’Allande covers more positions than Shadow. But it could be Shadow.
I think AC will stick with Fourie at 2 which will be a huge mistake most of the Stormers difficulties against the Bulls can be atributed to Deon not being able to compete in the 1st phase. Scrums and line outs was the huge problem and both are mostly his fault.
I think the Sharks will win the game in the scrums they absolutely monstered the Cheetahs and I can’t see the Stormers being so much better.
But as they say there is always hope even if it is a fools hope.