No this is not one of those embarrassing “England are going to win the world cup” posts Kitchener is so accustomed to posting, No One week, well to be precise 5 days is the amount of time I have left in Holland and on Saturday I will be flying to London to catch my long awaited flight back to the best Country in the World, South Africa, a few facts and lessons I’ve learnt in my three months here in Holland :
1. South Africa is home and no place compares to it
2. We have something special that I have missed terribly, the weekend braai with friends and family over a few beers watching our Springboks or Proteas take on the world or our Provincial union’s smashing each other around
3. Amsterdam is not for sissies, It’s a crazy place and a weekend in Amsterdam should only be done by the bravest of tourists, it’s no joke seriously, partying is a religion there.
4. I miss driving, never thought I would say it but the cycling gets a bit much and driving will be a new form of entertainment when I get back
5. 9 out of 10 woman here are gorgeous – fact
6. I miss the sun, seriously the temperature here does not get past 2 degrees in winter, it’s a living hell.
7. British people are not as sad, pathetic and rude as Kitchener makes them seem, they are actually nice people.
8. Soccer, soccer and more soccer that’s the only sport these people love, sorry I’ll stick top my rugby and cricket.
So advise from me? It’s a beautiful place to visit and Amsterdam is a mad city where partying for 48 hours straight is the norm, my return to SA is an exciting one, I will be starting my own business and will also be working on a sports social networking platform for all the sport freaks out there like myself, will obviously like to work with all of you to get input on the site so will keep you posted, now for cricket . . . .